- 7200 RPM spindle speed.
- Full-track multiple-sector transfer capability without local processor intervention.
- High instantaneous (burst) data-transfer rates (up to 600MB per second).
- Native Command Queuing with command ordering to increase performance in demanding applications.
- Quiet operation.
- Seagate AcuTrac™ servo technology delivers dependable performance, even with hard drive track widths of only 75 nanometers.
- Seagate OptiCache™ technology boosts overall performance by as much as 45% over the previous generation.
- Seagate SmartAlign™ technology provides a simple, transparent migration to Advanced Format 4K sectors
- SeaTools diagnostic software performs a drive self-test that eliminates unnecessary drive returns.
- State-of-the-art cache and on-the-fly error-correction algorithms.
- Support for S.M.A.R.T. drive monitoring and reporting.
- Supports latching SATA cables and connectors.
- TGMR recording technology provides the drives with increased areal density.
- Worldwide Name (WWN) capability uniquely identifies the drive.